The 1979 Chevy Camaro is considered to be one of the best vehicles of the 1980s. The car is really beautiful and the truth is that this vehicle can easily make driving a wonderful experience. With a 1979 Chevy Camaro you will surely enjoy all rides, this car showing to have a great performance, but also great looks. Below you can read a series of interesting things about the 1979 Chevy Camaro, to learn why this vehicle has been the most popular car of the 1980s.
- The Chevy Camaro first appeared in the last 1960s. The Camaro Super Sports car was powered by a 396-cubic-inch V-8. This vehicle became available on the market starting with the 1970s.
- However, this Super Sports car was not that much appreciated by the public, as in 1972 it disappeared.
- The 1979 Chevy Camro was launched as an improved version of that car, featuring fewer emissions, as well as a fuel-efficiency technology.
- This vehicle also featured a V-8 engine, but it generated only 175 horsepower.
- The 1979 Chevy Camaro was really comfortable, too, looking more like a muscle car.
- The first vehicles of this type actually were available only as two-door coupe.
- The 1979 Chevy Camaro also featured a stylish interior, being easier to drive.
- Even though the 1979 Chevy Camaro created the illusion of being a long vehicle, in reality it only had a short wheelbase of 108 inches and a length of 197.6 inches. The car was 74.5 inches wide and stood 49.2 inches tall.
- This car weights 3,612 pounds.
- The 1979 Chevy Camaro can reach the speed of 60 miles per hour from a standstill is about 8.7 seconds.
- Camaro is a two-door, rear-wheel sports car produced by General Motors.
- These vehicles have been produced between 1968 and 2003, being reintroduced in 2010.
Since the moment of its release, the 1979 Chevy Camaro proved to be a great vehicle. Its success was undeniable, actually this car managing to overpass the sale of the 1978 Chevy model. More than 282,570 Chevy Camaros were sold after its release.